Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sports in Seattle

I gotta say, up front, that I'm not a big sports fan. The whole meathead mentality, I just don't get (and don't want to get). You can keep all the Joe-Sixpack macho bullshit and leave me to my music, reading, or whatever else it is I do. You waste your weekends away watching someone else live out their fantasies, I've got a life to lead.

That said, I don't mind going to the occasional Mariners game. I love sitting out in the stands: the sun shining, a hot dog, a beer. The nice relaxed pace; sometimes wild and crazy, but generally nice and mellow. Baseball is certainly a lot more civilized than the knuckle-dragging, drunken behavior you get at a Seahawks game.

And don't get me wrong, I enjoy PLAYING sports (softball, golf, bowling), but to pay whatever it is they're charging for tickets these days... No thanks.

So, I won't mind coming out and admitting, I absolutely LOVE watching the Seahawks stinking it up from one end of the stadium to the other. Here, there, and everywhere... they suck! Huskies losing weekly? Love it. Nothing better than a bunch of meathead fratboys getting all drunk and depressed after another pathetic performanc on the grid iron.

Let's see: Seahawks are 2-9, Huskies are winless... I've got a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment