Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

A day off is not a day of doing nothing

Today is MLK day, a national holiday that is not observed by many companies. Of course, the Feds will take any excuse for a day off, hence no mail, no banking, no trading. All other working stiffs get the pleasure of taking the day off by burning a floating holiday, or getting their backsides nestled firmly into their workstation.

Being a student, I had no choice but to take the day off. I wanted to go to class today, but the teachers are slackin', so I have to take the day off, too.

Sigh...

Well, I can get some things done around the house, so I've spent the better part of the day cleaning the house, organizing, and doing general house maintenance. I think the wife will appreciate the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment