Pages

Friday, June 5, 2009

Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF) 2009

So, the wife ponied up and picked up a 20-pack, somethingorother, which gave us 10 movies to choose from. We also signed up for the Secret Festival, which I'd like to tell you about, but then I'd have to kill you. I think it's best we just leave that alone.

Anyway... the "regular" movies we've seen so far:
  1. I'm No Dummy (I felt like a dummy sitting through it. It wasn't terrible, but it's not a topic I have any interest in. I guess that's what happens when you don't chime in with a list of movies you want to see... Included a Q&A with three of the ventriloquists highlighted in the movie)
  2. The Hurt Locker (Very good)
  3. Aussie vs. Kiwi (6 shorts from the Southern Hemisphere, definitely a mixed bag.)
  4. Inju, The Beast in the Shadow (getting mixed reviews, but I really liked it. The Director came out and introduced the movie.)
  5. Krabat (slept through about half. What I saw was very strange.)

We're seeing another movie tonight, and I believe we have still a few more movies to pick out. When I say "we", I mean "the wife needs to finish picking out the movies we're going to see."

No comments:

Post a Comment