Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Automotive Obsession

On June 27th the wife and I were heading home from the Greenwood Car Show, when I spied a B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L car up ahead. I could see that it was an older BMW, but couldn't make out what it was.

Before I go any further, I would like to state for the record that I am NOT a BMW fan, especially the current Flame Surface design they've been using these last few years...

I urged the wife to speed up to car so that I could make out on the trunk what model it was. As we approached, I was able to see the badging on the back, and write it down: BMW 3.0 CS. I'd seen them before and had admired them, but this was the first one I'd ever seen in motion, and it was a thing to behold. I was pretty sure, that it would be beyond my financial means, but one can dream, right?

When I got home, the first thing I did was look it up on eBay. As a matter of fact, there was one that was for sale, and it appeared to be in pretty good condition, but with the current bidding price at $24,000, it was well beyond my means.

6 weeks later, here I am pining for one. I just found a website devoted to the entire series of cars (late 60s 2000 C, 2800 CS, 3.0 CS/i/L), which seem to be collectively referred to as "E9".

Call it what you want, I want one!

No comments:

Post a Comment