Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2008

No, Dog, I just couldn’t do it

I went to have my eyes checked and to get a new pair of glasses. At my age, I figured a new prescription was in order, and I've had the same style of frames for 9 years. I'm not a fashion horse, by any means, but it was time to check out a new look.

Yes, my prescription had changed. Whatever.

Now it's time to find some new frames. I went to a smaller optician, so my options were a little more limited than, say Lenscrafters, but that was fine. What to get, what to get...

Narrowed it to three manufacturers, then finally down to two. One is the 1002, from the Randy Jackson line of frames...

RJ 1002

the other frames were from Denmark.

Kliik 239

These are the Kliik 239. In a number of ways, I liked the Randy Jackson frames better, but the way the temples attached to the frame... it just didn't look as stable, and I figured they'd break off and I'd be back in 6 months buying new frames. Not an appealing prospect. When I go back for new frames in a year, if the optician says they have not had any problems with them, I'll consider the RJs.

Until then, I'll go with the sturdy metal frames.

No comments:

Post a Comment