Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Ooooh, storm of 2008

I've been thinking about the storm we're predicted to have tonight. I suspect we won't get the winds they've been talking about, and the snow amounts? We might seem them on the order they've predicted, but I doubt we'll see the power outages, and other related issues they've been warning about. Each time they get a massive prediction wrong, the populace develops a belief, rightly or wrongly, that they weathermen don't know what they're doing (and who can blame them). So on that one rare occasion when the weathermen get it right and no one listens, you get the kind of hell you get with Katrina. All the non-believers wind up suffering because they didn't prepare for the apocalypse.

It remains to be seen who is right: the weathermen or the non-believers.

If it's any comfort to you, the reader, I've had one bottle of wine. I think it's wise to be heated from within...

No comments:

Post a Comment