Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2009

It's a new year...

and it's been pretty uneventful. That's another way of saying I'm bored out of my mind.

My wife had a childhood friend stay with us these last 4 or 5 days, and "The Thing That Would Not Leave" finally left today. We've done absolutley nothing, or the closest thing next to it, in all that time. I think we're both suffering cabin fever, but too drained to do anything about it.

Hopefully, we'll get out of the house and do something tomorrow. We're thinking of maybe getting out and hitting the Lucy Exhibit at the Seattle Center.

Then, if my life couldn't get any more exciting, my wife has some friends swinging through town on the way home to California. We'll probably get together for dinner. I like her friends (all of them), but it's usually like this for the holidays, at it gets to be a bit much.

As I type this, I realize it could be a lot worse. We are lucky to have the many friends we do, as opposed to those who have no friends, so I'll stop bitching here, and head back upstairs to finish beating my wife at rummy...

Have a great new year.

1 comment: