Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2009

New World Record: 72 non-stop hours of TV watching

http://www.komonews.com/news/offbeat/39286977.html

By Associated Press STOCKHOLM (AP) — Suresh Joachim has broken his own Guinness world record for nonstop broadcast-television watching, clocking 72 hours in the Swedish capital."I feel fine, I drank between 25 and 30 cups of coffee," Joachim said Sunday.His previous record was 69 hours, 48 minutes, set in 2005.Joachim, a Sri Lanka native who lives in Toronto, watched three seasons of the drama series "24" featuring Kiefer Sutherland, said Swedish TV4 spokeswoman Janina Witkowski.
_______________________________________________

Wow! I have a new hero. Not only for accomplishing such a magnificent feat, but for doing so in an event I can actually compete. Not only compete, but dominate. 72 hours? Man, I'm just getting warmed up at that mark. Well, OK, not really, but attempting to break that record sounds like a lot of fun. I've always wanted to stay awake for as long as it took to start hallucinating; might as well do it while watching TV. Talk about combining the best of both worlds. Life is good...

No comments:

Post a Comment